Monday, February 6, 2012

Doing Outreach Right -- Mellowood's Linda Neal Does a Fantastic Job

Ever since I first made contact with Linda Neal, owner of Mellowood in the South Fair Play area of El Dorado County, she has lured me time and again to open her email blitz messages.  As a writer of a wine column, I get a lot of such messages, and frankly, not many of them are compelling enough to spend more than 20 seconds reading.

But yesterday, I was looking back at e-mails I'd saved over the holiday season when I'd decided I wanted to spend more than 20 seconds of reading time but not-right-then, and her pre-Christmas message came up.
So I thought I'd reprint it for you, and perhaps you can understand why a reader might find it so compelling.  It helps substantially that her emails are anchored with a good photo, very personal, showing Linda or one of her crew involved in the vineyard, crushpad or winery.  Like the one that heads this post, which came along with the pre-holiday message.

And, if you are a Sierra Foothills winery that has a newsletter or email campaign of which you'd like me to be aware, put me on your list:  barbarakeck (dot) winenewswriter (at) gmail (dot) com.

Now, heeere's.... Linda ....

The longest night of the year, Winter Solstice, has passed and each day will grow longer and brighter.  I am so happy this holiday season, having visited with so many family and friends in recent weeks.  True, I am always wishing for moretime, one more hug, one more raising of the glass singing “cheers”.  Hopefully, your Christmas will be just as blessed.  I wish you a wonderful Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year, surrounded by your favorite people, food and, of course, wines.  As soon as you can, please pay me a visit at Mellowood Vineyard to share all your holiday stories.
 We will be closed December 24th & 25th, open on the 26th from 12-4.  On December 31st I will meet you by advance appointment, then closed January 1st.  Read below for a few of the Mellowood events coming up in the New Year….

 December 30th, join me at Bocconato for the final dinner with Giovanni and Sheri Gaudio in that space.  Call 530-620-2493.


 January 14, 21, 28 and February 4th, support the Pioneer Fire Department by attending one of their marvelous Crab Banquets.  Follow the link
http://www.pioneerfire.org/crabbanquet/ for tickets and more information.  Bring your ticket into the tasting room for a 20% discount on your purchase.  Another 20% of all purchases on Crab dates will be donated to the Pioneer Volunteer Firefighters Association.


 February 18th, take a delicious trip around the world with Mellowood and six South Fair Play Wineries.  We will feature hearty gourmet soups with an international flair.  Save the date, more details to follow.

 Late winter, watch for announcements of our pruning clinics!

 Until I see you, have a wonderful holiday, and stay in touch when you can.

Yours truly,
Linda
 Linda Neal
Mellowood Vineyard
530-306-9454
2979 Mellowood Drive
Fair Play, CA  95684
Normally Open Friday-Sunday 10-4, or by appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment